RE: Printed screen art in Frame 6 book

Subject: RE: Printed screen art in Frame 6 book
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:16:39 -0500

Tom:

Thanks for the report. Some thoughts:

1) Why not use SnagIT to convert the graphics to greyscale at the time of
capture?
2) Why not use SnagIT to resample the capture to 150dpi at the time of
capture?
3) Why bother going to EPS bitmap when a GIF would have done, or the TIFF
for that matter.

FWIW, I accomplish the same thing using only SnagIT32 and outputting BMP or
GIF. I have found no need to involve a bitmap editor in the process. I
understand why, if you choose to EPS (that's a verb <vbg>) your bitmaps, you
have to follow Dov's sound advice about interpolation. However, I fail to
understand what the EPS process does that TIFF, BMP, or GIF cannot yield
(and the previews don't look like crud).

I **do** look forward to reading your book (but, must admit I have not yet
squirreled away the funds to buy it . . .).

Cheers and, again, I appreciate the insights,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com