RE: Acronyms

Subject: RE: Acronyms
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:56:48 -0800

<Jim Shaeffer said...snip>
SME stands for Subject Matter Expert to distinguish them from us, who are
the Technical Writing Experts.

OH NO!! Does TWE mean I'm a "twee?" (Which was how my young nephew once
pronounced "tree.")

Seriously, this interesting thread has made me realize one thing. All your
comments have encouraged me to add to the (recently-inherited) usage "style"
guide a section on acronyms used within our company. We have two new writers
coming on board, and your comments helped me add additional value to their
orientation. We have, like you, a ton of internal acronyms that could drive
a new employee into alphabet soup heck.

Thanks for the idea!

Jenise Cook-Crabbe
Sr. Technical Writer
Pacific Life Insurance Co.
jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com
Opinions in this e-mail are all mine,
mine, mine. They do not, nor ever will,
belong to my company/employer.

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.