Re: Should I run or is this project doable?...

Subject: Re: Should I run or is this project doable?...
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:07:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Johanna. Well, it sounds like an interesting and
challenging contract (to put it nicely). I think
you're right on in thinking you need to talk with
them, explain that 3 books in 6 weeks when the
product's still being "cobbled" together is
impossible, and work out some specific deliverables
you can provide for April's release. Get them to put
it in writing, and make the developer painfully aware
that you can't document what does not exist, and that
changing the product features after they've been
documented is counter-productive and that you will not
be responsible for misinformation due to "whimsy". If
they can't agree to these terms, it's probably best
not to take the contract.

=====
Bill Swallow
Information Design & Development Professional
bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com - www.geocities.com/bill_swallow
Editor, InFrame Magazine <www.inframe-mag.com>
WebWorks Wizard

http://auctions.yahoo.com/