Re: Favorite Technical Writing Websites

Subject: Re: Favorite Technical Writing Websites
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:21:27 -0600

List my favorite websites? I can't resist... :) These four aren't
technical writing websites per se, but they deal with user interface design
and other relevant topics.
The Interface Hall of Shame. Smart and funny. Tons of good stuff to read,
lots of screen captures. It hasn't been updated since last June, but I keep
Joel on Software. Not a TW site in any strict sense, but there's a lot of
information on user interface design as well as some insights on IT
management. Also smart and funny. Joel is such a good writer, I'd read his
stuff if he wrote about tricycles and navel lint.
"The Visual Thinking Weblog." Annotated links to lots of useful
information--graphic design, information architecture, and lots of other
subjects that are relevant to technical communication.
Bruce Tognazzini's site. A few articles about documentation are tucked away
in the archives, and there are plenty of insights about user interface
design. At the beginning of each month there's a new article or a bunch of
reader mail with responses from Tog.

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.