Re: Big Doc Word

Subject: Re: Big Doc Word
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:30:47 -0800 (PST)

"Scott Turner" wrote...

> Unfortunately, Andrew, you are saying you can use Word, just that you
> cannot use it as it is documented and marketed.

No. I did not say that. You did.

I said don't try to apply your Frame methods to Word. It won't work, you will
be frustrated, and you will start to invent inane arguments to defend your
emotions about a software product.

> If you have to work around the design of the tool, you probably need
> a different tool.

It isn't a work-around Scott, its a different approach. If you are an expert
hammerer and you try to use a paint brush like a hammer, you will fail.
Telling me that "this paint brush has hammering features but does not hammer
like it should." is...

Oh forget it.

Andrew Plato

Do You Yahoo!?

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.