online procedures?

Subject: online procedures?
From: Denise_Cusano -at- capgroup -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:10:52 -0800

Hi all,

I'm meeting with a client to discuss the best way to get their procedures
online. They have been developed in Word and are currently stored in a
network drive.

They currently use Lotus Notes for email and stuff and were thinking about
using a Lotus Notes Database to house their procedures. I have put
procedures on their corporate intranet for another one of their other
subsidiaries, using a combination of Robohelp and Dreamweaver. This works
well because I also developed web-based online help for several
applications and I can hyperlink directly to help from the procedure.

I have also considered integrating Visio for certain types of procedures,
but am not sure what types of procedures this would work best for.

They are not sure how they want to approach this, and I want to give them
all of the options, as well as the pros and cons. I'm also not sure what
other tools are out there, and my area of expertise is not in procedures.

Can any of you lend some advice?

Thanks,

Denise