RE: Step structure (was RE: a question about verb tense/is or was ?)

Subject: RE: Step structure (was RE: a question about verb tense/is or was ?)
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:05:28 -0500

Kevin,

A perfectly admirable and efficient approach for strict task-based, or
context-sensitive help. Scares the bejesus out of my incredibly bright
financial planner/investment professional-type audience who has spent the
last ten years working on mainframe green screens with cryptic names. I
know enough about the audience for what I'm working on now to know they need
something, short and to-the-point, but something to help indicate that
they're working on what they think they're working on. By the time they
understand that this thing that was called "such and such" in the mainframe
is now called "this and that" on the desktop, they're not going to be using
the manual anyway.

Do I hear two bits?

Connie Giordano