RE: Content Moratorium

Subject: RE: Content Moratorium
From: "Cindy K. Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- Marconi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:39:14 -0800

OK, maybe I was a little harsh earlier. My point was if trying to educate
and negotiate with your developers fails, sometimes you have to be willing
to play hardball and not be the scapegoat. It never actually got to the
point where I had to e-mail managers because we worked things out, but they
knew I wasn't just going to take the blame either.

Part of the process was letting them know that doc could be better that what
they'd seen in the past, that technical communications has its own areas of
expertise, and that we had something to bring to the table. We now have
processes in place, development signs off on our stuff, and we're in a much
better position than we were a year ago.

Cindy Kight
Technical Communications
Marconi Commerce Systems, Glendale