Skill Sets for SGML/XML

Subject: Skill Sets for SGML/XML
From: "Karen Koldyk" <kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:04:08 -0600

Please forgive me - it's Friday and my brain is mush. I'm trying to draft a memo that details exactly what type of person I require to work with me on implementing the Arbortext EPIC system. As it stands right now I'm the only person in the company that is being fully trained. I'll be coming back and delivering author and publisher training.

We'll be having consultant's work with us for the initial application but after that I'll be on my own for the DTD maintenance, style sheets etc etc.

I'm not sure my manager is even fully aware of how technical this work really is - he actually asked if a clerk in the accounting department could be trained as a backup!

In the not to distant future there will be some hiring going on in the company and I felt this would be a good opportunity for me to get them thinking of other skills that are required - rather than just Java and COBOL! Since I don't know the technical details of all this yet....can someone please help me out?

Karen Koldyk
SQA Tech. Writer
Fleming Companies Inc.
kkoldyk -at- email -dot- fleming -dot- com
(405)858-6574