RE: Forget stock options... what's the severance package?!

Subject: RE: Forget stock options... what's the severance package?!
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:33:54 -0600

I'm still not with you David. I'm trying to get there, but ...
> david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com [SMTP:david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com] wrote:
If the company presents me with a poor set of documentation, I know
it isn't the writer's fault. It's the management's fault.

If the writer is the one that typed the words on the keyboard that
say, "Type a valid [name of code]. Use a cursor movement key to advance to
the next field." for 10 fields on a window, that, to me, is bad writing.
Where do I find a valid code, for example. How is that anyone's
responsiblitiy other than the writer who, at one point, said, "I'm done with
this document, it's ready for release to clients." How is that a manager's
responsibility? The writer was hired to write. Are you thinking that a
manager has to approve every word written by their writers? <Did you see
yesterday's Dilbert? FUNNY!!> I need some more clarification on your point.
david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com [SMTP:david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com] wrote:
> I won't go into which tools take longer, or are better. That's not the
> point of the post.

Thank you, thank you for not starting Tools War XII. I appreciate
it!
david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com [SMTP:david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com] wrote:
> The point of the post is that if you don't ASK, your WILL NOT GET! So if
> you want anything, you better ask for it up front before you sign the
> contract.

I'm still not convinced that you can walk into a software house,
look at some docs and decide that the tools I'm using are wrong. We are, in
the interest of full-disclosure, a Word company. Probably always will be.
And no, AP, I don't have an emotional attachment to a tool. <grin>

Paul