Re: .WMF or .EMF graphics

Subject: Re: .WMF or .EMF graphics
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:44:15 -0600

Thanks Arlen

I guess my real question is...is there a screen
capture utility that will capture in WMF or EMF
(aparently "extended" form of WMF) formats?

...as I write this its dawning on me that perhaps
if its hard for a utility to convert a bitmap to
WMF that it might be just as hard to screen capture
in WMF...

The real answer is that you are capturing bitmapped data, not vector data. You can convert the bitmap data in to a vector format, but the file will still be bitmap.

Unless you redraw the screen capture in a graphic program as a vector graphic, you will not get vector graphics as opposed to bitmap graphics.

Scott

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: