RoboHTML and External Browsing

Subject: RoboHTML and External Browsing
From: Mike Mitchell <MSMitchell -at- aethersystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:05:39 -0500

I have been told by a fellow writer in my department that when you have web
links on a help page that the standard is to open this link in an external
browser as opposed to opening up right in the online help. I questioned her
about it and she basically said that is how it is done. Can someone tell me
why if this is correct?

Mike

Mike Mitchell
Information Products Engineer
Aether Systems, Software Products Division
8401 Greensboro Drive
McLean, VA 22102
571.633.5632 - Local
877.847.3303 x5632 - Toll Free
msmitchell -at- aethersystems -dot- com <mailto:msmitchell -at- aethersystems -dot- com>