HTML Help

Subject: HTML Help
From: "Susan Jelus" <Susan -dot- Jelus -at- DaytonRCS -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:20:39 -0400

Hi all.

I've been generating WinHelp (.hlp) files, using Virtual Media's HDK for
many years. I'm considering switching now.

I'm looking at using Microsoft's HTML Help tool to produce .chm files. Does
anyone know which features (such as context-sensitivity) require the
distribution of special dll's or ocx's to the people who will view the help?

The samples I've generated can't be printed. It looks like you have to
generate them as web pages and do that through the browser. Is that right?

Can anyone alert me to any other shortcomings, problems, or pitfalls?

Thanks very much for your help. I get the digest. So please reply directly
to me as well as to the list.

Susan Jelus
Publications Department
Research Computer Service Inc.