RE: writing drafts of legal documents?

Subject: RE: writing drafts of legal documents?
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:15:44 -0700

Be blunt with your managers. They are stupid.

The reason one hires lawyers to draft these documents is to ensure that when
problems arise and arguments move into the court room, the company is
protected and on firm legal ground.

Unless your managers are the sole proprietors of the business, I would
imagine that your company's shareholders/investors would be tremendously
disturbed by this penny wise, pound foolish attitude.

If your managers still want you to draft their legal documents, here is a
place to start your search for examples: http://www.nolo.com/

You might want to ask an attorney if this would be classified as practicing
law without a license. That could get you off the hook with the boss ;)

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585