RE: teaching tech writing? + MA degree

Subject: RE: teaching tech writing? + MA degree
From: julie brodeur <jool -at- petting-zoo -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the informative replies. :)

Now I am wondering about Master's degrees. I have ~7 years of tech writing
experience, and a BA in English. It looks like my teaching options will be
much improved if I have an MA.

What does the MA have to be in? Does a general MA in Liberal Arts count,
or should I look into a MA Ed.?

I live in San Francisco, btw. But I expect to move around a bit in the
future as well. Perhaps to Boulder, Vancouver, Toronto, or Boston. I
suspect for some of these places, I may just need to get a certification
with the proper credentials.

WRT degrees, I have so far only looked into the Master's of Liberal Arts
at Stanford (through the Cont. Ed. dept.) and the Master's in Education in
the Instructional Technology dept at San Francisco State University.

My goal for teaching is get a part-time job -- eventually, I may teach
part-time and contract write part-time.

jool -at- petting-zoo -dot- net

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.