Re: Frame 6.0 Generated Lists, help please!

Subject: Re: Frame 6.0 Generated Lists, help please!
From: Berk/Devlin <armadill -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 17:54:18 -0700

A while ago, I sent a message from the state of confusion, requesting help on cajoling a FrameMaker 6.0 TOC to include chapter numbers with page numbers.

Well, I've solved that problem; can't tell you how, but I think it had something to do with persuading the Set up File option to become enabled on the Format menu. Don't know how I did THAT either, but when I did, chapter numbers seemed to miraculously appear.

Anyway, a number of other really ugly things are now happening on my TOC, and I think they did long ago on some old Frame 5.5.6 TOCs, like the Chapter number itself appears properly, but is always followed by a 1, like:

Chapter 1 1
The First Chapter 1-1

Chapter 2 1
The Second Chapter 2-1

So, if you know of a good place on the Web that instructs us how to set up a TOC from scratch, please teach me to fish: send the URL to me, not (only) to the list.

TIA, again.

--Emily

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com