Re: Well, I Sure Won't Be in Chicago

Subject: Re: Well, I Sure Won't Be in Chicago
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com> wrote:

> - PIDs, embedded systems, wireless communication, clusters,
> Microsoft's .NET technology or any other hot technology. Even XML,
> which can hardly be called new any more, are barely featured - and,
> even then, technical aspects like writing a DTD or style sheet don't
> seem to be featured.
>
> - potentially important legal trends, such as the Microsoft
> anti-trust case, the Napster decision, or DeCSS.s
>
> - Linux, BSD, or even the Mac's OS X. For that matter, there's
> nothing obviously about UNIX.
>
> - The open source development model, the writer's role in it, and
> the tools available.

These are all excellent topics. There are so many hot technical topics out
there, I don't expect STC to cover them all. But jeez, I know there are
people out there writing documents about embedded systems, optical
routing, OS X, etc. Why can't there at least be a "technical track" where
some technology related issues are discussed and presented.

For example, I already do a seminar on network security at conferences and
seminars. If STC would make it possible to do these topics (and would let
me in for free), I'd be happy to fly out there and do it.

Maybe we need to form a new tech writer's society? One where I wield
tremendous amounts of power and have the life and death of millions at my
fingertips. BUHAAHAHAHAH! (Laughing my mad cackle.)

Eh. Maybe I need a smoothie. Mmmmmm, smooooooothies...

Andrew Plato

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.