Re: Well, I Sure Won't Be in Chicago

Subject: Re: Well, I Sure Won't Be in Chicago
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:18:16 -0500

Bruce, I think you just accidentally made the point I was going to make. Yes, these are important concerns in YOUR daily working day. Not mine. Most of them don't affect me at all. And I have my own daily concerns that don't affect you in the slightest. You work in a specialized area. I work in a specialized area. We all have our own niche. Why should a conference that's trying to present information relevant to the largest number of technical writers possible spend a lot of time individual, specialized interests? If all of the topics you mentioned were important (or even just interesting) to ALL technical writers, wouldn't they be frequent topics here on techwr-l? When you have a large, diverse group, you have to find something they all have in common. And what we have in common tends to be in the writing area, NOT in the content area.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com> 04/11/01 07:14PM >>>
Possibly, all these topics will be covered in the panel on Current
Trends. However, so far as I can see, none of these things - many of
which are important concerns in my daily working day - even rate a
mention. Granted I work in a specialized area, but I would have
thought that some of these concerns would interest technical
writers, if only because such things might potentially affect the
way they earn their livings. But apparently not.

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.