Re: Well, I Sure Won't Be in Chicago

Subject: Re: Well, I Sure Won't Be in Chicago
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:13:09 -0500

The analogy is that the Gap is not (and should not try to be) all things to all people, or even all things to one extremely narrow range of people. Nor is (or should) STC. Rather than expecting STC to serve all our needs, we should be willing to take advantage of other resources that are available.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com> 04/12/01 12:01PM >>>

Great story, but if I understand your analogy, you're saying that as the
Gap is set up to sell casual clothing (and therefore visiting them for
semi-formal is your own mistake), the STC is somehow set up for
management, organization, and tools and visiting their conference for
technical issues is misguided, right?

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.