RE: Technology in the hands of infidels

Subject: RE: Technology in the hands of infidels
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:47:48 -0500

According to your analysis, it sounds as if the streaming video, vcr,
cd-rom, and book publishing industries were started in response to a demand
by pornographers for better distribution media. I do not concur. These were
all developed for much higher purposes, but the pornographers were probably
the first ones to perfect the use of the technology, and to make a fast buck
on it.
I am not, and never will be a pornographer, but I do have to grudgingly give
them respect for recognizing a good idea and being brave enough to push it
to the limits. And like it or not, they have a pretty good track record of
paving the way.

Just wait until Smell-a-Vision (already being posited!) and Feel-o-Rama make
THEIR debuts! Who do you think will be first on those technologies???? But
that doesn't mean the bad guys are demanding it - they just exploit it like
they do everything (and everyone) else.

John

The porn industry is one of the few to have made money through the internet. It meets the customers needs to a "T." Anonomenity, easy access, guick gratification. Er, um,....what I meant to say was quick response.

Scott

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com