RE: Typeface for print and online documentation

Subject: RE: Typeface for print and online documentation
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:24:01 -0400

I, too, would be curious to see more references.

Verdana and newer fonts for display are probably a good thing. However,
doesn't Verdana have a limited character set that limits its application to
English? (There may be other limitations.) Whether or not that be the case,
I hope that fonts continue to be developed with more depth than just a nod
to how they display on-screen . . . with thoughts to pairs, and what
bolding, Italics, and other variations do . . . and with some regards to
printing, because a large number of people print e-mail and web pages to
their $0.50 color inkjets <vbg>.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

in the August 2000 issue of Technical
Communication, Guidelines for Designing and Evaluating the Display
of
Information on the Web, by Thomas R. Williams

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.