RE: New vs current browser window for PDF?

Subject: RE: New vs current browser window for PDF?
From: "Sherman, Bryan" <BSherman -at- synchrony -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:37:08 -0400

Along those lines, we have the PDF open in a separate window by using
something like:

By using the same name (target="PDFDoc") for each reference you avoid the
problem of the user opening a large number of windows. When the user clicks
on the link, a new browser window will be created only the first time, or if
the user has already closed the "PDFDoc" window. The only potential issue is
if the user wants more than one PDF opened at a time...

HTH

Bryan Sherman
Information Developer
Synchrony Communications