Re: Seeking advice on English MA

Subject: Re: Seeking advice on English MA
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:45:11 -0500

I agree. Why go though the effort then quit right before the finish line. Trying
and not succeeding is not failure. Not having the guts to try in the first place
is failure. Not finishing, giving up at the end, is failure.

A fair number of years back a man with no legs participated in the New York
Marathon. He had to do it walking on his hands, using specially made "shoes" to
protect his hands. It took him THREE days to finish. He came in dead last, but
he was a winner. He had the guts and determination to try, the guts and
determination to finish. So it's a pain to go through the "huge bureaucratic
hassle to try and get the piece of paper." What's a few days out of your life
when you invested a year or two in the coursework?

DO IT!!!!!!

Jo Byrd
Who NEVER (or not very often) lacks for opinions.....

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.