Re: Top ten dumb comment Tech Writers receive from...

Subject: Re: Top ten dumb comment Tech Writers receive from...
From: Kathy Jacobs <jacobskl -at- jacobs -dot- coxatwork -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:08:03 -0700

What do you mean you need to see the design document in order to write
the training manual?

I don't have time to install the product on your machine, just document
what you think it should do?(!?)

We don't need a template for that (manual, training piece, presentation,
etc.) - No one is ever going to write another one like it.

And my personal favorite:
I don't have time for you to shadow me. Just ask me all your questions
now while I have a few spare minutes.

Kathryn Jacobs
(who now works for herself so that she can sit at home and laugh at
these in the privacy of her own four walls)

--
Kathryn Jacobs, BrainBench MVP MS PowerPoint
Get Certified at http://www.brainbench.com

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com