Problems inserting jpg graphics into Word

Subject: Problems inserting jpg graphics into Word
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:18:39 -0500

I'm using Word 97, Windows 98. I'm going a hardcopy doc, lots of screen
captures, which are jpgs. When I insert them, they come in maybe an
eighth of the actual size - and when I go into format picture, it says
it's at 100%. In order to even see the blasted thing, I have to change
it to 200%. Great resolution, as you might imagine.....(NOT!).

So far, the ONLY way I've been able to get the files to come in at
anything resembling their real size is to open the original jpg in
MSPaint, copy it, paste it into another instance of MSPaint, and save it
as a bmp. Which, of course, jumps the size, for example, from 119kb to
1100kb, which makes my already monstrous document even MORE monstrous -
it's nearly 5mg! To say nothing of being exceptionally time
consuming......

It does not matter whether I'm inserting said graphic in the original
document, on onto a new, blank document. It's all the same.

Any clue as to why Word refuses to allow me to insert these jpg graphics
at a decent size?

Jo Byrd
Who is NOT happy about having to fight Word on a Friday.....

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.