Re: PDFMaker alternatives

Subject: Re: PDFMaker alternatives
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 09:06:23 -0700

"Fisher, Susie" wrote:

> does "not supported" mean it may or may not work in NT? I use it in NT all
> the time, although we did have some trouble getting it to run under my
> login. it worked under the admin login right away. FYI.

As it turns out, "not supported" means "incomplete recollection."

What isn't supported on NT is the workaround that lets you create PDFs with nonstandard page sizes. We were creating 7.5"-by-8.38" pages, which requires an extra step--it's that step that doesn't work on NT.

Sorry for the misinformation. (It was over a year ago.)

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!