Re: VP Abbreviation/AP Stylebook

Subject: Re: VP Abbreviation/AP Stylebook
From: "Joe McPherson" <zenpickle -at- zensearch -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 9 May 2001 18:06:12 -0000

On Wed, 09 May 2001 12:45:03 -0500 Jonathan Soukup <JSoukup -at- at-track -dot- com> wrote:

>Yeah! Let's hear it for the AP style guide.

>Lemme ask you a question. Have you ever seen a technical style guide that matches the precision, ease of use or coverage of general subject matter of the AP style guide? Frankly after using the AP guide all through college, every technical guide I've picked up seems lacking.

>I love my Chicago Manual of Style, but it's pretty difficult to use.

>-Jonathan Soukup

In my free time I just like thumbing through it to find weird stuff that the AP thought was important enough to mention in the book, like the proper way to use pronouns for someone going through a sex change.

But seriously, it's usually what I fall back on since it's been around for so long.

- Joe McPherson :-)

Signup for your FREE ZenSearch E-MAIL account at http://www.zensearch.net