RE: Webhelp Tools?

Subject: RE: Webhelp Tools?
From: "Douglas McCusker" <douglasm -at- intervate -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:15:01 +0200

Actually, I gave up on a word after they 'commited' me, Quark is my tool of
choice.

It seems Dreamweaver has an extension for creating TOC, Indexes and Search
facilities called DevaTools and they seem to be working well, so.....bye bye
RoboBug! (hopefully)

I have tried the below mentioned products, they are alright, but seem to be
written by people who dont know what a Technical Writer is, or does. There's
an idea, mabye technical writers should develop a technical writing app,
that no-one but us can use and understand (I know, I am a dreamer)

Thanks for all the help.

Douglas McCusker

Technical Writer

Intervate (Pty) Ltd

tel: +27 11 783 6672

website: http://www.intervate.com

email: douglasm -at- intervate -dot- com

"Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the straps."

[snip]

I'll assume you're using Word, seeing as you mention RoboHelp. Well...

there's Doc2Help, ForeHelp (sorta - I believe you can import Word docs),

HDK, TrueHelp... there are tons of Word-based Help authoring tools out

there, big and small and in between...[snip]