On vs. In - thank you for responses!

Subject: On vs. In - thank you for responses!
From: "Henderson, Erin" <EHenderson -at- ftenergy -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:13:19 -0600

Ok everyone, I got a lot of different answers for this question. I had quite
a few people tell me to just restructure the sentence to simply say "click
OK," which is a good point. I think it was my mistake to use that as an
example. In general, we do say just "click OK" but there are cases where we
need to reference the location of the button the user is going to click.
Anyway, thanks again to everyone who responded.

Oh, and my 2c about the asking grammar questions issue... I don't see how
asking grammar questions is any less relevant than things like Tech Writer
Certification discussions and conversations about where to have dinner at
the STC Conference. This is a tech writer's forum, and I feel like I should
be able to ask grammar questions when my reference books fail to give me a
straightforward answer. Besides, sometimes it's difficult to search the
archives (for example, try searching "on" and "in" in the archives, and see
how many hits you get). Again, just my 2c.

Erin K. Henderson
Documentation Project Manager
F.T. Energy
Boulder, CO