RE Salary bell curve: on the downside

Subject: RE Salary bell curve: on the downside
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:02:11 -0600

Well my fellow freelancer, if you are in a slump, and you aren't happy
with it, there is only one thing to do.

To borrow an idea from sales trainer Tom Hopkins, you've got to get
off your anatomy, get out in the field, and do some prospecting. If
the market is in a bit of a slump, you need to do a bit more
prospecting.

Consider the time you spent writing and marketing your book an
investment in yourself that will pay off somewhere down the road.
You've planted the seed, now it needs time to grow.

I'm sure that, with a little time and door knocking on your part, you
will soon be telling us that your earnings are starting to reflect
your experience.

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer