RE: Interviewing Subject Matter Experts

Subject: RE: Interviewing Subject Matter Experts
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:55:47 -0500

This may work well for me because I know almost all of the SMEs and have
for years.
They also know (from experience and from the information I put in my
cover memo)
that they don't have to come up with polished writing--just enough to
give me the
necessary information.

And you are absolutely correct when you say that not all things work for
everyone.
Everyone must develop the method that works best for him or her, and in
his or her
environment. The preparation is at least as important as the method, and
different
methods work for different people. It's something I recommend trying to
see if it
will work, but I also believe in being flexible, and coming up with
something that
works well for all concerned.

Jo