RE: format-monkeys, WAS: Interviewing Subject Matter Experts

Subject: RE: format-monkeys, WAS: Interviewing Subject Matter Experts
From: Barb Einarsen <barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:35:21 -0400

I have to chime in with a short story (aka rant). I once worked with a
writer who thought it was absolutely OK, heck, the right thing to do, to
hand the developer the existing guide and ask them to indicate how and where
the changes appear in the new version. He would then work as a 'technical
typist' to implement their changes and send it out for review. Hideous.
Naturally, this is the same person who never did get a help file to compile
properly, I should know, I'd always have to fix it up the day before the
release.

Barb