RE: Elance, anyone?

Subject: RE: Elance, anyone?
From: "Steve Arrants" <steve_arrants -at- sonic -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:46:01 -0700

> I found elance to be useless for me. People who seem to do very well on it
> often give very quick turnaround and change low rates, which
> suggests to me
> that the people seeking work may not be as concerned about quality as they
> are about price. I also have several proposals that sat for months without
> any responses, even though the bidding had been closed. I was not
> rejected,
> they just never selected a winning bid.

Useless for me, too. I've found that the task descriptions are too broad to
make an effective bid. "I need a user manual written for a new game." It
is tough to be accurate with so little information. Asking for more detail
doesn't seem to generate any response. I DID get one writing job through
elance. The original bid winner screwed up, and the client company
contacted me to redo the manual.

steve arrants http://www.compbear.com Guaranteed Cruelty Free