WebHelp and external linked files - to be placed on web

Subject: WebHelp and external linked files - to be placed on web
From: "tronajc" <tronajc -at- freemail -dot- absa -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:35:30 +0200

I have a question which although sounding stupid has caused us much pain and
suffering and sharp words - Is there a way to generate webhlep / online Help
and documents using Linked / imported *.chm Files . If so how ? there must
be a solution -I just cannot see it - (To close to the problem maybe?)

Here I am referring to RoboHelp Ver 9 - We have external help files TOC
(*.chm with related hhc files ) which are brought into our existing
project - in total 10 external TOC - now the client wants to publish all
this to the web but the webhelp obviously does not "compile the external
files" (but the client wants them included -)

What work arounds can be suggested ? Any advice ? Remember we are using
RoboHelp - That is it.
(Any advice tips suggestions -"helpful one only" can be forward to me off
post at mailto: tronajc -at- freemail -dot- absa -dot- co -dot- za so as not to waste the other
members time)

Decompiling the external files then importing them into the existing project
(800+ files growing daily) would be a solution, except for the sheer volume
(2000+ Html files) and lack of time - Deadlines for end of May - fast
approaching.

Being a relief TW ( with two untrained helpers whom I also have to train,
show and keep a constant eye on ), coming part way into the equation, and
resultant bickering with Project manager, has not been the best introduction
nor most helpful manner to solve difference of opinion of which this Help
project has had more than its share - "What is the golden rule - the client
is always right - He maybe misinformed, pigheaded, a total fool and totally
way off base, but as he signs the checks, he has the final say"

PS - Great List - some helpful comments / ideas.