Re: Glossary does not appear in HTML Help

Subject: Re: Glossary does not appear in HTML Help
From: "Kelly Williamson" <kwcwtech -at- iwaynet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:02:22 -0400

Hedley is having trouble getting the glossary pane to show when she compiles
HTML Help from RoboHTML.

I'm a little late, so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's
response. -Go to File, Project Settings.
-Select the Windows tab.
-Select the Properties button.
-Find the "Tri-pane Tabs and Windows" box in the lower left.
-Check the Glossary box.
-Recompile and see if it works.

Good luck!
Kelly Williamson
Columbus, OH

Subject: Glossary does not appear in HTML Help
From: hedley_finger -at- myob -dot- com -dot- au
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:55:37 +1000

Helpers:

We are creating on-line help by exporting FrameMaker files to HTML Help
*.htm, *.hhc, *.hhk, *.hhp, etc. files with mif2go. This process is going
well.

I opened the *.hhp project file in RoboHtml to add a glossary and created a
couple of dummy entries in order to see what file was created. This turned
out to be a simple *.glo text file with the format

NAME=term1
Definition for term1.
NAME=term2
Definition for term2.

etc.

We already had a glossary in FrameMaker format so, with only a tiny amount
of skulduggery, we were able to export it as a text file, remove the
group-title headings (A for the A entries, B for the B entries, etc.),
remove some extraneous tabs, and merge multiple definition paragraphs into
single paragraphs under each term. Beauoooootiful!

The glossary even shows up okay in RoboHtml's Glossary tab. But when we
compile and open the *.chm file, there IS NOT GLOSSARY! Yes, we have
already installed the HHActiveX.DLL both in the \winnt\system folder and,
for safety, in the same folder as the *.chm file, registered the *.dll, and
restarted Windows 2000. Still no glossary ...

Anybody have any ideas?

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 6.0p405, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31u33, IXgen 5.5.h, HTML Help Workshop 4.74 build
8702.0, HTML Help 1.31, RoboHelp HTML 2000 build 133]

Regards,
Helpless in Seattle
(Hedley)

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor