RE: javadoc ?s

Subject: RE: javadoc ?s
From: "Keith Soltys" <keith -at- soltys -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:35:44 -0400

One tool you could look at is ht//Dig, an open-source search engine
(www.htdig.org). I had it running on our departmental web site in my last
job. We were running it on a Solaris server, but I believe there are
distributions for other platforms, including Windows. It's fairly
straightforward to set up, assuming you know some HTML and can do some basic
UNIX stuff, or have access to a tame sysadmin who can compile and set
permissions for you.

It also searches PDF and MS Office docs.

Best
Keith

--
Keith Soltys