TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
1. Open your Web browser and enter http://hellothere. Hit the "Enter" key to accept this URL, and the "Welcome to Your Life" page displays. You are now connected to the "Your Life" server.
2. Click on the "Log into Your Life" link, and the "Enter Network Password" dialog box displays.
3. Enter your user name and password in the appropriate text boxes and hit the "Enter" key to accept. Your personal page, showing your various "Life" folders, displays. If you do not have a user name and/or password, click on the link to e-mail your administrator in order to obtain this information.
Put more simply (and generically):
1. Do A. Then do B. C happens. You are now in D location.
2. Do E. Now you'll see F.
3. Do G. Then do H. I happens. If I doesn't happen for some reason, do J to take care of the problem.
In this example, my "do" equates to your "click" or "enter". I don't list them as separate steps; I say to do them, and then I say what to expect before moving on to "do" the next thing.
Again, just personal preference, but I hope it helps.
*** Deva(tm) Tools for Dreamweaver and Deva(tm) Search ***
Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems
Available now at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com
Sponsored by Information Mapping, Inc., a professional services firm
specializing in Knowledge Management and e-content solutions. See http://www.infomap.com or 800-463-6627 for more about our solutions.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.