Re: Is a bad index better than no index?

Subject: Re: Is a bad index better than no index?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:26:30 -0700

David Castro wrote:

> Anyway, my question is, is it better to create an index that isn't great (due
> to my lack of an indexer's skill), or to leave the document without one?

One point that no one's mentioned yet: any index is a start. You or
someone else can improve it in the next round of documentation.
Meanwhile, it's established as part of the document, to be revised and
included in the cost of printing.

"You can bring your JCBs,
You can bring your drills and your drivers,
Your pocket piece and your private police,
We'll be there, we'll be there, we'll be there."
-OysterBand