terminology Q

Subject: terminology Q
From: Brenda Reynolds <brendar -at- alerton -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:34:43 -0700

Hi All,

I need your insight on these words and whether adding en dashes is correct.
The MS Manual of Style basically says that an en dash, not a hyphen, should
be used for compound adjectives.

Here they are: low color depth monitor

"Low color depth" seems like a compound adjective to me, and together they
modify "monitor." So would it be "low-color-depth monitor" or "low-color
depth monitor?" The former seems right to me .....

Brenda Reynolds
Technical Writer


*** Deva(tm) Tools for Dreamweaver and Deva(tm) Search ***
Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems
Available now at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com

Sponsored by Information Mapping, Inc., a professional services firm
specializing in Knowledge Management and e-content solutions. See
http://www.infomap.com or 800-463-6627 for more about our solutions.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: Re: Really Dumb Question: Commas
Next by Author: RE: PDFMaker alternatives
Previous by Thread: RE: Pagination questions: updating docs
Next by Thread: Re: terminology Q

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads