RE: If you were in my shoes, what would you buy?

Subject: RE: If you were in my shoes, what would you buy?
From: "Kim Forbes" <kim_portonova -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:50:29 -0000

Do you create any other kind of documentation, such as PDF or printed docs,
if so will your online help reuse any of that content and, if so, what is
that content written in?

We currently create PDFs and written manuals. We usually write our manuals in PageMaker and export them thru PageMakers export function into PDFs. Sometimes we use Acrobat to enhance our PDFs, fixing broken links, creating cross-reference links, etc. We also write some manuals in Word 97 and export them into acrobat to make PDFs.

We hope to reuse a great deal of material from the written material into the on-line help, but we will probably want to rearrange it differently. For example, our documents are sometimes conceptually heavy and for the on-line help we would like to make them procedurally heavy. We would also like the procedural on-line help to remain "on top" of the application and the conceptual information to be replaced by an active application window.

thanks again for the help
Kim