Logic Suggests (was: Losing my Profession)

Subject: Logic Suggests (was: Losing my Profession)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

Right, On, Man! You tell 'em Mark!

Mark is right. If you're job is unfulfilling, leave. Its the same thing I like
to say to communists and other people with weird political opinions. If this
country's politics bother you, then go to the airport and leave. Nobody is
holding you here. Execrise your freedom and take a hike. Maybe after a few days
scrounging for a meal in Bangladesh you'll learn to appreciate your cozy life
in the states and the political machinations of Trent Lott won't seem so evil.

Hell, in Kazakistan, people are selling humans as meat! And you're bothered
about geeks and technology?

As Spock reminds us, "Logic suggests, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs
of the few, or the one."

So much for the little training cruise.

I hate my job too sometimes, and I don't have a boss. Just today our new sales
guy up and quit. So now I have to spend another month searching for a
salesperson. It sucks. I want to write novels and stories. I get sick to my
stomach when I see people bow in reverence to Joanne Hackos when her book isn't
even that good! I could EASILY write something 900 times better than that. But,
I don't have the time. I have all sorts of brilliant theories and ideas I want
to express - but I can't. I have mail servers to tend to and unfulfilled
employees to counsel. And if I don't do that - the money dries up and I am out
on my ass.

Its a tough, crappy world. You simply cannot expect the universe to love you.
It has bigger and more important things to do. Find your peace, because NOBODY
else is going to find it for you.

Andrew Plato

a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/