What to call those options...

Subject: What to call those options...
From: Christine Gonzales <christine -dot- Gonzales -at- medstat -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:42:10 -0400

Hi all,

I got into to work too early and am already in the brain fog area. You know
- where the words you are looking for are somewhere out there but you can
see it until you get close to it.

What is the industry standard term for the choices you can pick from in a
pull down menu off the menu bar.

I am documenting an in-house tool. It has a menu like the File, Print, etc
in Word. What it the term for the options available when you click on one of
the items on the menu bar (i.e. File). Some older documentation, that I am
pulling information from, refers to those options as "tabs" but I don't
think that is correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Christine Gonzales
Technical Writer

The viewpoint reflected in this communication does not necessarily
reflect the viewpoint of The MEDSTAT Group


*** Deva(tm) Tools for Dreamweaver and Deva(tm) Search ***
Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems
Available now at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com

Sponsored by Cub Lea, specialist in low-cost outsourced development
and documentation. Overload and time-sensitive jobs at exceptional
rates. Unique free gifts for all visitors to http://www.cublea.com

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Looking for a title
Next by Author: What constitutes a good checklist?
Previous by Thread: RE: Query for Screen Captures
Next by Thread: re: What to call those options...

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads