Re: Word to pdf problems

Subject: Re: Word to pdf problems
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:06:41 -0600

Mark Emson wrote:

> Can anyone give me some good advice for fixing problematic graphics &
fonts
> in a Word to PDF conversion.(W2000-Acrobat 3.01)
> I've got a fairly small doccument of about 30 A4 pages totaling some 1300K
> Most of the graphics are screen grabs of program windows (grabed using
> either PSP7 or Snaggit).
>
> My problem:
> 1.Most, but not all, of the window graphics make the captured text really
> blocky when printed (laser & inkjet) However, they all look fine on
screen.

> 2. Sometimes normal, typed text seems to lose a few characters here and
> their. Usually it's just the one letter every now and then but at other
> times 3-4 letters in a row will be missing.

As I recall, Acrobat Distiller 3.01 had serious problems. Adobe used to have
a free download, version 3.02, but I don't know if that's still available.
Acrobat 3 came out, what, six or seven years ago? Maybe it's time to
consider upgrading.
:-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs -at- free-market -dot- net
303-777-0436