Re: future functionality

Subject: Re: future functionality
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:36:25 -0700

"Field, Kristin" wrote:

> Personally, I think this is a bad practice and don't
> feel that any future plans for the application should be in a user's
> (basically a "How to") manual. I mean, this manual is a year and a half
> old, as I mentioned, and the future functionality is still future
> functionality.

One reason for mentioning future plans is when an obvious feature is
missing. By mentioning it in the manual, you could reduce the number of
requests for it by customers. In effect, you're saying, "Yes, we know
the product isn't all it could be yet."

"You know there ain't no kind of dream without some kind of debt
And I don't wanna go to bed, ain't nothin' happened yet."
- The Mollys, "I Don't Wanna Go to Bed"