re: future functionality

Subject: re: future functionality
From: "Field, Kristin" <KField -at- LSAC -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:50:55 -0400

I agree the developers should refrain from putting "dummy" items in the GUI;
however, if they are there, they need to be addressed. Otherwise, the
client will attempt to use the non-functional items and complain to anyone
that will listen that the system does not work. This will not bode well for
the company that developed the application. Also, it will save a lot of
phone calls to the help desk and/or your support group. Editing the bogus
items out of your screen shots doesn't make them disappear from the clients
screen when they are using the application. They will try to use them. And
they will provide negative feedback.

>More than all of the above, I lobby strenuously to exclude switches,
>buttons, boxes, and GUI objects that are placeholders and are
>non-functional.

Kristin D. Field
Technical Communicator/Proofreader
Law School Admission Council