RE: Clarify Agency Notices? ... no, really

Subject: RE: Clarify Agency Notices? ... no, really
From: Scott Turner <quills -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:38:06 -0500

I guess I didn't ask clearly.

I don't want to edit it. I was wondering if
anybody has ever seen fit to put a big honkin'
asterisk beside it, and then explain it in
a footnote (much as I had to explain it to our
new Product Mangler).

Before she came along, I would have thought it
a non-issue, but as I say, she's not stupid;
she simply hadn't encountered this stuff before.
Because of that, she asked some questions (about
stuff that I must have had to learn at some point
in the dim and distant past). So, maybe some of
our customers (or the people who review sample
manuals to decide whether our product is something
they want to purchase) are in the same boat.

That's all.

Maybe my footnote could say "In case you wondered..."

/kevin

I wouldn't. This information is directed at people who actually understand it (lawyers, engineers).

You might as well explain the copyright in exhausting detail. You don't because it is up to the customer to refer to the controlling organization (government, lawyers, etc.) for detail and explanation. You are just providing the basic information about it.

Scott