RE: reality check

Subject: RE: reality check
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:49:15 -0400

First: Read Bruce Byfield's response. It's good advice.
Second: If things are really changing as much as you describe, I'd guess
that you can find allies. Development and QA must be going equally crazy.
Third: The idea of mocking up an interface for a Help file while the
interface is known to be unfinished gives me shivers. I am not that brave,
no matter what the deadline pressures are presumed to be.
Fourth: Speaking of presumed deadlines, if the mess you describe ships
"on time", I'll be surprised (and you can fix lots of things in the
first maintenance release).

Jim Shaeffer (jim -at- spsi -dot- com)