RE: Spelling out, was Acronyms

Subject: RE: Spelling out, was Acronyms
From: "Sean O'Donoghue (EPA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:22:50 +1000

Hi all,

Well I doubt I can add much more to this debate - I think acronyms should be
explained somewhere, especially as you always find someone else uses that
acronym to mean something completely different from the way your industry
uses it.

Being in both the IT (Information Technology - not the IT girl!) and Telco
(Telecommunications Industry) I have TLAs flying everywhere, used by highly
professional people who love talking in TLAs, FLA, and ELAs - and that
constantly represent different thing depending on which level of
architecture or audience with which you are dealing!

(TLA=Three Letter Acronym, FLA = Four or Five Letter Acronym, ELA = Even
Longer Acronyms)

I am much more worried now that I never knew that cars had snake belts!!!

regards and thanks,
Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes
EAA - User Information Shared Services