Conversion Path

Subject: Conversion Path
From: "Martin Soderstrom" <scribbler1382 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:46:51 -0400

Hi, all. Looking for some procedure opinions. I'm the sole techwriter for
a corp where I manage over 90 documents of varying complexity. At the
moment, they are 99% in Word. Many tech writers of varying expertise have
worked /h/a/c/k/e/d/ on these documents over the years (I just started here
a couple months ago and inherited this mess.)

Currently there is no consistent use of styles, templates, fonts or
structure. Ultimately, I want to convert everything to FrameMaker. Here's
my question:

Is it better to start converting to Frame right away, or would it be wiser
to get all of the Word documents consistent in style before starting the
conversion?

Any opinions appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Martin Soderstrom