RE: Product First?

Subject: RE: Product First?
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:38:19 -0700

re the alertbox article,

They list BMW as having a 0% sucess rate. I went to BMW's website (which
took about a minute to load over a T1!) and once the main page loaded, it
took about 5 seconds to be given the location, address, phone number, fax
number, map, driving directions, and a url for my local dealer. And the info
is even correct!

did BMW change it? the article is only a week old. I find this article
surprising. I use the web to find locations and directions all the time.
It's way quicker than the print yellow pages.

does the lack of success here indicate that these customers would get the
information they needed without the web. I'm not convinced. Sometimes
clicking five layers deep really is more user-friendly than

--due to unusually high call volume, you may experience a longer than normal
wait. Your estimated wait time is...

Richard Smith